Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kaputt

In recent WG news, our washing machine has decided to go kaputt; that is to say it no longer works. In about 2 weeks, we will be getting one from Inga's father. In the meantime, I may have to pay the local Laundromat a visit or two.

We got a new refridgerator yesterday from a store called Roller. Their customer service is definitely nothing to write home about...oh wait...it is something to write home about, because it's AWFUL. If Germany had a Better Business Bureau, I would call it. Customer Service to them means having a desk with an informant who is paid to be as non-informing and as un-helpful as possible. Communication among the Roller employees does not exist. After spending at least an hour waiting around to get the refridgerator exchanged for a new one, Don Roehrkasse and I got to haul it back to my apartment. Oh wait, I forgot to mention that Roller wanted to charge us 40 Euro to come pick up the broken refridgerator we had purchased from them in late October, and to drop off the new one. No thank you! So Don and I got a fairly decent workout to say the least when we carried the fridge downstairs from my 2nd floor apartment. Luckily when we brought back the new one, the guys from the WG on the first floor helped carry it up the stairs.

So anways, technology can be a blessing...when it works.

No comments: