Friday, January 25, 2008

Roommates

Guten Tag to all of you bloggers out there.

I have a prayer request that I would like to bring to your attention. For about a week now, 2 of my roommates, Inga and Lena F. have been in a fight. What was the fight about? you might ask. Well, it started over a lemon-ice tea bag. Lena F. threw the lemon ice tea bag away, and Inga came along and noticed it in the trash. Inga proceeded to tell Lena F. that she always throws her stuff away and treats her differently than Lena D. and myself.

I think the lemon ice tea bag was the chip off the iceberg for Inga. Apparently there are a lot of undealt with issues that both have supressed, until now. Well, Lena F. still hasn't talked to Inga since the fight, and is avoiding her like the plague. Inga approached Lena F. this evening and asked when they were going to talk about the fight and resolve it, to which Lena F. replied she didn't have the time to talk to her, and wasn't in the mood to speak with Inga.

So needless to say, the air here in the WG is rather tense, considering that two of the four roommates won't speak to one another. I ask that you pray for peace and understanding between Inga and Lena F. When I have tried talking to Lena F. about apologizing and making amends, she has the mindset of "Why should I apologize when it isn't my fault?" And, from previous experience, I know I would get the same response from Inga. Please pray that I might say the right words when they need to be said. Thanks, this really means a lot...it's not too much fun coming home to a tense apartment.

No comments: