Saturday, February 9, 2008

Take Chances, Make Mistakes and Get Messy!

Here is a blunder in my German skills that I hope will make you laugh:

My roommate Lena Feuerstein is going to be out of town for about a week, and she asked if I could fed and take care of her rabbit, Botri. I replied by saying "Yes, I will eat Botri!" As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I knew something I said wasn't right. We both laughed, and Lena said that she might not go on her trip after all...

Learning a new language is always filled with blunders and mistakes that are waiting to be made. But sometimes you just have to do what Miss Frizzle says: "Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!" So now that I've made my mistake in saying I was going to eat Botri the rabbit, I have learned the proper way to say "Yes, I will feed your rabbit" in German.

No comments: